Podcast: How Do We Record The Matches?
It’s something we’ve written about a fair amount: the increasingly detailed process we use to watch and document our matches. With three dedicated data entry people, we are always coming across new challenges that require careful decisions, lest those pesky unintended consequences come back to bite us.
We feel like we’ve gotten most of it right at High Percentage. But when we haven’t, it’s often led to better processes. Right now, we operate on four pillars:
1) We deal with limited data, and we can’t let that stop us. All data has limitations, that doesn’t make it invalid.
2) We go wide not tall. Our research seeks to do the greatest good for the greatest amount of people.
3) Minimize Subjectivity. We look for objective, verifiable data that requires minimal personal judgement.
4) Kaizen: we look to make small, constant improvements.
5) Efficient Data Collection: Collecting less data at a faster rate is always better.
The High Percentage Podcast is the weekly show where we take a look at real data we collect from matches and read between the lines. We break down the game of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and submission grappling into its most basic game theory components, so we can make YOU, a killer on the mats.
The High Percentage Podcast is also available on the following apps.